Saturday, March 25, 2017

running bear goes to skidaway!


I had contacted him yesterday evening to see if he had any supporters joining him for the race on Skidaway Island.

"Not yet," he had responded, "are you volunteering for the position?"
And that's how I became his cheerleader!
Go, running bear, go!

I had every intention of getting out there well before he finished.
I did.
But the half-marathon began at SEVEN IN THE MORNING...
on a Saturday...
so I managed to arrive at
mile 26 (13) about ten minutes
before he did.
That was close!

From the distance, I heard
his call to me!
"Ca-caw! Ca-Caw!!"
Hahahaha hahaha!
He put on a spurt of energy to separate himself from the pack of runners and race up to me!
"No hug yet!
Only another tenth of a mile to the finish," I told him!

I was able to keep up with him briefly, then I cut across the field to the finish line...
and he still beat me to it!
Good pace!
He very much enjoyed the scenery along the way, too.
He said it was one of the prettiest courses yet!
Chances are pretty good that he'll choose to run this course again.




Afterward, we headed to brunch at The Omelette House.
I hadn't been there in a long time, I told him, as it was part of the early years in my divorce, when I was casting about for different activities to try. I had gone with a group - perhaps with NK!? - and enjoyed it.
He liked it this first time.
He especially liked that huge hunk of steak - he ate every last morsel!!
I rather enjoyed my grilled salmon and eggs, too.
(smile)
Thank you, Kevin, for treating, too!

Yes, indeed, this was definitely worth arising early on a Saturday...
(smile)

i thank You, God, for the encouragement!

No comments: