Sunday, March 5, 2017

group groovin' on a Sunday afternoon!


Ah, what a bunch of Rascals!
Hey, I'm talking about the musicians, not the meetup group!
But what better tune than that from 1967 for those Born In The 50's And 60's?
Most of the meetups are scheduled for Sunday afternoons and are low-key events, meant for socializing in a friendly, non-bar environment.
Today, I had two outings with the group!

The first was at the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum.

We had the definite pleasure of having Dale Asbury to keep us informed and focused for the "Masters of the Air" tour.
It was magnificent!

We were even allowed to ignore the rope barriers around the "City of Savannah" bomber and view the inside of the bomb bay and the inside of the fuselage and even the inside of the turret gunner's bubble!

Then we were out into the sunshine and the Memorial Garden.
What a gorgeous blue-sky day we were blessed with!
Even better - the weather was warm and gnat-free!

Here I am with Jackie.
We're both pointing out the brick for my stepdad, Frank.
(Thanks, Richard, for taking this photo!)
Remember Jackie with the Lunch Ladies?
That group is now defunct, but I credit her with getting me into this group!



After two hours at the museum, most of us headed off for Los Bravos Cantina & Grill for lunch - the second group outing of the day.
Busy, busy, busy we are - but we take our time with our meals.
Oh, yes!
Especially when we needed to talk about the museum and visit with each other!
That's truly the heart of this group: fifty members that honestly get the opportunity to get to know each other, in more than a glancing way.
That's what I had so enjoyed about No Kidding!, too.
I really do like many of these folks.
(smile)

This is Karen, our leader.
She plans most of the outings, but she'll take suggestions and even let others take the reins now and again.

Lisa is also in the JavaFlix Savannah group with me!
She reminds me of my cousin Sharon - meaning, she has a good heart and is socially mindful.
This was my first time meeting Stacy, but she certainly seems friendly!
And the fellow there is Richard of New Jersey, know for taking lots of photos.
Gotcha!
(smile)

There's Paula, hoisting the drink of the day!
I wanted a margarita -
I really did -
but I still need to write a test for my 1211 group.
Arrrggghhh!

I didn't get much of an opportunity to talk with Laurie,
as she was opposite me on the round table.
We'll see how things work out at another event!

This big guy is Mike!
He and his wife, Sherry (in the next photo), moved here from Michigan, I think.
Actually, there are several Michiganders in the group!

Here we have the promised Sherry, on the left.
Then is Mary-who-is-sometimes-called-Debbie-at-work.
Hahahhaa hahaha!
Actually, I think she may be my stepsister Susan's friend!
I'll have to ask.
Oh, and that's me, with my sunburned face from yesterday's picnic and my blue shirt from sending Oskar to the moon.
(smile)
Good times, good times!

No comments: