Wednesday, March 8, 2017

a day without a woman


As if i need another day on a calendar to remind me of my loss.


I've already had 16 years, two months, and 6 days without this wonder woman.

16 years of no mother on Mother's Day.

16 years of no Mama on Christmas, her favorite holiday.

16 years of missing my one-and-only Sybil on her birthday.

16 years of missing her on my own birthday.

16 years of seeing her looking back at me in the mirror.

This year, she would have been turning 80 years old on December 10th.
In most families, that would warrant a big family celebration.
I think that is a fabulous idea.
And I know just the place to have such an event.
The Hotel Tybee.
The view is gorgeous and she always loved the beach.
I'm going to begin planning that now, while I have the luxury of spring break upon me.

i thank You, God, for the inspiration on this International Women's Day.

No comments: