Thursday, November 7, 2019

i am woman... hear me RAWR!

This morning, after breakfast, it was time to work.
I had moved the chest of drawers into my Ocean Room on Wednesday, as well as everything that was to go into the closet.
Today, Mama's sewing machine became a "table" to hold my piece of the SeeSAW muralcle and the bejeweled tequila bottle.
Then to vacuum the top of the Ocean Ombre, making ready for the main project of the day: my bed.

Did mention that my mattress is made of latex?
That makes it extremely heavy.
However, I do manage to rotate it around at least twice a year.
I had hoped to be able to stand it up and lean it against the wall.
Nothing doing with that notion.
So, I slid it off the left side of the bed, to access the right boxspring.
After a vacuuming, and tacking up the lining, off to the Ocean it went!

Then I went back to my aquarium to try to free the other boxspring.
This shows the mattress shifted over to the wall, with the left boxspring trapped beneath its mass.
After vacuuming the carpet and the top of the mattress, I'd postponed it as long as I could.
Helen Reddy's song popped up on my mental jukebox and I could hear CB6 Chuck's voice telling me to "work smarter, not harder".

If I and another woman could get a solid metal exterior door off its hinges, sand it down, prime it, and reinstall it without a man's aid, than I could certainly move this bed!
Sure enough, within 45 minutes, I'd shifted off the mattress, vacuumed the boxspring, wrestled the steel bar within back into place, tacked its lining back up, and moved that boxspring, and part of the frame, down the hall and into the Ocean.

Within another hour, it was looking like a bed again!
I'd put the frame together - taking care to use the 4th tab, as it had been before - and then squared up the two boxsprings in their original places, too.
I went back and vacuumed the aquarium's carpet and the rest of the mattress.
Then, I realized how exhausted I was and stopped for a very late lunch.

How was I going to get the mattress down the hall and turned into the entry of the Ocean?
Just how was I to do that?
Should I call one of my brothers, ask them to help?
And justthatfast, my phone rang!
It was my first niece, asking what I was doing!
So, I told her and she came by to give me an assist!
Female ingenuity to the rescue!
i thank You, God!

We had grabbed those side handles and pushed the mattress together, using the same technique as for folding a blanket.
Then she had p-u-l-l-e-d and I had p-u-s-h-e-d... and we'd even been able to end up with the vomit-stained side face-down and the clean side face-up!
i thank You, God!!!
If not for this move to the Ocean,
I would not have known that was an option for my bed!


And to think: we managed to get it all done in time to pick up her girls!
Hallelujah!
Now, I've just returned from dinner at Cici's with Christina, Miyah, and Chloe...
with a little baseball duckie for me...
and I'm even going to be able to catch Savannah Shakes' "MacBeth"...
and that, amazingly, is free!
What a blessing this day has been!
i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

What a magnificent play! The Soucyman totally captured the essence of a man who had allowed guilt to tilt his conscience and his mind. LOVED the robot manservant! Loved the light sabers in battle! Loved the antics of The Porter, portrayed by Trick! Loved the subtext between MacBeth and his best friend, Banquo, as the two were played by real best friends, Chris and Justin! Loved the sleepwalking scene, so much more intense than the one I did in high school!
As for the bed, I was able to quickly make it up, as I had bundled the bedding for quick re-assemble, including the electric mattress pad. I had such sweet repose! Then, I woke to my usual sight: my seashell dreamcatcher from Daytona Beach, hanging on the wall!
I'm so glad my bed was able to have the same configuration in the Ocean as it had in the aquarium!