Saturday, November 16, 2019

the bfe and The 'Cole get hitched!

A marriage makes of two fractional lives a whole;
It gives two purposeless lives a work,
And doubles the strength of each to perform it.
It gives to two questioning natures a reason for living
And something to live for.
It will give new gladness to the sunshine,
A new fragrance to the flowers, a new beauty to the earth, and a new mystery to life.
–Mark Twain
Here they are, the physicist and the chemist, getting hitched in front of God, family, and friends!
Chelsea was officiating her first wedding, but I think she did pretty well.
She began with the quote from Mark Twain, certainly an appropriate choice for the two scientists, and particularly so with Nicole looking like a breath of spring on this unseasonably cold day.
Jeff and his bride had special vows to each other, naturally, and they had a special safeguarder of the wedding jewelry:
a ceramic ring squirrel, right beside the lamp!
What a clever little twist!
Another nice twist was the choice of "I will" instead of the standard "I do" to seal the union.
I haven't heard that one before, but I like it!
The final step, however, was quite
traditional, with J-Dawg sweeping his lady
love into his arms for a solid kiss!
I definitely liked that!
Then came the signing of the marriage license -
ho hum -
before they could receive all the congratulatory
hugs and kisses and well-wishes from family
and all of their friends -
woohoo!!!
What to do next?
Hey, time to drink more beer...
and eat more ribs and macarons...
and spend more time at the house-warming
part of the evening!
Jenn-Dog and Justin had come in from New York
for the event!
I was so glad to get to meet them!
They were pretty much just as I had imagined
they would be!
I'm glad they had a few days to visit with
the bfe before the nuptials, too.
Several colleagues from the university -
does it really matter what the name is? -
had received treasured invites.
Here's the lovely 'Cole with fellow chem
nerds Todd Hizer and Cliff Padgett, as well
as J-Dawg - they didn't even know their
photo was being snapped!
That isn't to say that everyone there was
known by me.
Au contraire!
In fact, I could count on both hands the
folks that I knew -
and that included the groom and the bride!
As for this couple with the J-Dawg,
I knew Josh Williams, but not his wife,
Ellen, or their accompanying children.
I had played Jenga with their son, a bit
earlier, before the wedding.
That led to a touch of magic a-foot after the boy put handcuffs on his mom... and didn't have the key!
Fortunately, there was a magician in
residence and he knew exactly where the
'cuff key was - voilĂ !
Madame Williams was again free!
Not so the magic Secrest, who then was
forced to show off some of his craft
to the errant lad.
Card tricks?
But, of course he knew those!
Disappearing acts?
Certainly, just step right up and
watch him closely!
Object transformation?
I saw a scarf become this fluffy
yellow feather with my own eyes!
What a magical evening!
(smile!)

No comments: