Monday, November 4, 2019

wrong number, good talk

So, there I was, busy at my house, and "The Price Is Right" wasn't even on yet.
Then I got a text message.
*
*
*
Brenda of HVJ: Let me see first if Bill can come to beach to watch dogs. I don't leave dogs alone at night, unless it's an emergency.

me: Hi Brenda. This is Tina. Perhaps you meant to text elsewhere. :-)

her: I think you're probably right. How's Tina doing.

me: Good! Clearing out a room. My twin great-nieces move in on Friday. They are 5 yo.

her: OMG....you're going to go crazy for a little while. Then you'll adjust. Are they coming with your niece and toys?

me: They are coming with their dad - who is my nephew. I have given up my huge bedroom to the girls and their toys. :-)

her: You're a good Aunt.

me: Thanks! I saw this as the only option for them. I think we will be good after that first month of adjusting. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-)

her: You'll do fine...ear plugs work wonders. Like my husband says. "WHY DO GIRLS ACT THAT WAY. THEY SCREAM, CRY AND THEN THEY... SCREAM AND CRY SOME MORE!!!" Thank God I had 3 boys.

me: Lol! I will just scream and cry right back at them. That's what Mama would do. :-)

her: You got it right. With my granddaughters, I would turn my hearing aids off. Told them, when they quit screaming and crying, we will talk. Until then, no talking to Grandma or Grandpa. Now they just want money.
*
*
*
At least Alyssa and Leila know better than to ask me for money... for now.
After all, they're just 5 years old, and their dad has done well at letting them know you can't have it all.
As I say, if you had it all, where would you put it?
(smile!)
Okay, break is over! Back to work I go!
I have a lot more stuff than I had realized two months ago...
seriously.
I hope some of it will find a new home soon.

No comments: