Sunday, November 10, 2019

not my aquarium, for sure

Last weekend, the furniture and the disassembled trampoline and many large boxes were moved into my house by my nephew, my outlaw Melinda, and Chelsea, Michael's younger sister.
Friday of this week brought more boxes, mostly of clothes and toys.
I am utterly amazed at how many toys there are!

See that enormous toy box against the curtain, where my rocking chair once was?
That was full of stuff, as are the boxes between it and the bunk beds and in front of the closet.
Then there's the bookcase, with boxes of books and videos yet to be unpacked.
That will all await their return next weekend from their annual birthday trip to Orlando.

The two chests of drawers are to the right of where
my bed was.
Michael placed them against that wall to hopefully
serve as a sound baffle between their room and my
new Ocean.
The beds were assembled last night, not that they
have yet used them.
They are still sleeping at their old house.

This was once my guest room.
All of my pictures have been removed from this room,
as well as from the girls' room.
Somehow, that is what has bothered me the most.
I had a place for everything, and every thing in its
place, but now I have things which are displaced.
So, I've drawn up a lease and roommate agreement to
try to protect my sense of place and Michael signed it
tonight before he left his mom's.
They're spending the night with her before their trip.
I guess our getting used to each other's patterns will
have to wait until their return.
I had sure hoped for that to begin happening sooner.
I guess I have been anticipating this for two months now and I'm ready to see how we will all fit into each other's lives.
One day at a time, my girl.
As for tomorrow, I have brunch at Chili's, then dinner at Olive Garden with the running bear.
All free for me!
I am so thankful for Veterans Day!
(smile!)

No comments: