Saturday, November 25, 2017

potato peeler in tall'ee


See that great lovely bowl that's slap-dap filled
with mashed potatoes?
Well, I helped with that!
Penny had told me she'd put me to work when I came down for Thanksgiving and she was true to her word.
Those potatoes started out as two huge bags of
white potatoes before I peeled them.
Well, I can't take credit for all of it - Alex helped, too.

That's Alex there in the middle,
between his dad (Steve)
and his older brother (Jacob).
They were sitting at the table
straight across from me.
(The table settings, by the way,
were arranged by yours truly,
with some assistance again from Alex.)

My blue-sky Penny was sitting to my left,
just a chair or so over,
with her brother (cousin Bobby)
and their mom (my Aunt Linda)
making up the head of the table,
so to speak.
We had four tables strung together
to accommodate the sixteen diners!


Steve's Dad (Lee) and stepmom (Judy) were there. Then we had Judy's brother, his wife, their daughter, and his daughter (Melanie) from his first marriage. Steve's brother (Mike) and his charming wife (Michelle), as well as cousin Bobby's wife (Alicia) rounded out the folks there on Thanksgiving for the midday feast.
I had driven down the day before, ferrying Boo to her cousin Penny's house, too. (She had said her cousin was in Tallahassee, but she was actually in Quincy, in the woods, in a little farmhouse.) I fetched her from there, spending a bit of time with her Penny and Ken, before heading back to Savannah earlier today.
Between my arrival and departure I had a very special treat: the Eagle Scout ceremony for my cousin Penny's elder son! As you may recall, I had sent financial support for his project. Yesterday (Friday), we celebrated his achievement and I was even able to see his finished project for myself!
(smile)
What a blessing to have been there to help Penny prepare for both occasions!
What a blessing to have been able to spend time with my Aunt Linda!
What a blessing to have been there for happy gatherings!
i thank You, God!

No comments: