Thursday, November 2, 2017

you don't know who this is, do you


I had picked up the phone to answer a call from 706 number unknown to me.
I said hello, he said hello... but no sales pitch followed.
Instead, he said, "You don't know who this is, do you?"
"I don't think so," I replied, rather listlessly.
"It's your little brother. I'm in Savannah."
Oh, my dear God!!!
It was Tony!!!
His transfer to a Transitional Center had finally occurred!!!
Even better, it was to the one right here.
i thank You, God!

We spoke for eight minutes on the phone he had borrowed.
Then, of course, I called Smitty to share the news.
Hallelujah!!!
He and I spoke for twelve minutes!
He has plans to see Tony on Sunday, during the visitation times.
So do I.
Perhaps we can even get Ronnie on the list to visit him...
that would be grand!
He's working with Ramona, starting tomorrow.
My long-time dream of getting a photo of the four of us 'Smith kids' again is coming closer to becoming reality.
i thank You, God.

I feel better than I have in weeks.
I had not realized how much of my stress was from Tony's transfer to another prison at the beginning of October.
i thank God that phase is over and done.
i thank God.

No comments: