Sunday, October 22, 2017

distractions this weekend


Friday, I went to the Cinema Savannah screening
of an excellent Bulgarian film, "Glory",
about politicians, PR, and honesty -
thanks, Tomasz Warchol!
Maybe they should have let him keep
the watch his father gave him.

Yesterday found me at
Dawn and Chris' BYOP party -
what a blast!!!
Even when I was running
from the zombies
in their front yard!
No pumpkin carving this year -
but next year for sure!

Then, at midnight,
I helped "Glow The Mall Pink"
in the Midnight Madness 5K at Oglethorpe Mall -
two years in a row!
I wore the wrong pants (too knobby)
and wrong shoes (too loose) -
but I did the whole walk!
There's even a video of the race's end!
Look for me at 39:55 and beyond!

This morning, I traveled
halfway around the world via "Aladdin"
at Asbury Memorial UMC -
glad to take the trip with you,
Bill Peterson!
I ain't never had a friend like you!
(smile)
So good to see my niece,
Molly Hester, too! <3!



Now, I have Shakespeare to attend this evening, courtesy of Savannah Shakes' "Titus Andronicus" and Travis Spangenburg. Barbara will be there at the Spotlight Cinema, too.
What a wonderful weekend!

i thank You, God.

No comments: