Tuesday, October 3, 2017

movin' on up!


This was sent to me today at 5:15:45 PM, via JPay.

Hi Tina
Thanks for putting money into my account:-) very very cool! Pretty flowers too. I'm sorry for taking so long to write you back but I didn't check my mail until last night. Then I did write you back but.........there was no WIFI connectability. I checked again this morning but nothing had changed.
So here I am. All is well here and the last few days have been better for me mentally and physically too. Praise God. I've had to just let go a little.
Here's some crazy news......after writing several ''support tickets'' concerning this tablet and it's data issues I finally got a positive response. I've been deemed deserving of a new tablet. WOW. I also had an email from J Pay waiting with your mail informing me that I would be notified when the new tablet has been shipped. Too bad they couldn't have done this waaaayyyy sooner. But whatever,it is what it is isn't it?
Thanks for all that you do and thanks for just being you.
I love you Tina, you are the best! God bless you, His peace be upon you forever more. bye for now.......see you soon


How very fortuitous that I had just checked my email and seen that he had sent me a message!
i thank You, God!
Tony and I were able to almost 'converse' in a real-time conversation!
The following is my response.

Date: 10/3/2017 5:51:11 PM

Hahahaha!
I feel sure you're moving soon... just because you're getting a new tablet! I know the surest way to have something happen is for the timing to get jammed up. So, now you're waiting for a new tablet from JPay, you just got some money into your account (my guess is it was already empty), and you're due to be transferred to a TC.
Life is funny!
Today, I've been grading the second batch of tests from my students. Somehow, I lost track of what day of the week it is. (I blame my stuffy sinuses.)
When I checked my school email, there was a message about an event scheduled for October 4th.
"October 4th?" I said to myself. "That was last week!"
I even very nearly replied to the email to let them know they had sent the message out a week late!
Thank God I didn't - the message was from the university president's office! They would have wondered what my problem was.
The druge Jeff - you know, the physicist - will be moving out this weekend. His friend Erica has bought a new house with five bedrooms, so he will be renting a room from her. She has a daughter and I think he has been missing the 'family" feeling he had for most of this year. When he was on sabbatical from January through May, he was living with his friends Justin and Jenn and their two little boys. My house is definitely too quiet after all that!
Still, it's been quite nice having him here these past four months. It's been even nicer since he broke up with his girlfriend two weeks ago. They were together three years, primarily because he's been waiting a year for her to break up with him. I convinced him that she would never do that - she's too concerned about being alone. I can tell you that he has been MUCH more relaxed since he called things off with her.
Okay!
I need to go meet Kevin for dinner and a movie!
love you!
Tina


Now, I really must fly... I don't want to keep Kevin waiting too long!

No comments: