Sunday, February 5, 2017

ocean shorts and a superbowl


This day was certainly a mixed bag of events!
I meant to watch "CBS Sunday Morning"... but missed it.
I meant to go to church... but didn't.
I tried to get Quickbooks to update tax forms... but it wouldn't.
Sigh.

Time for some fun!
Off to Tybee with me, then!
This was the final day of the
Gray's Reef Ocean Film Festival,
for its 14th anniversary,
and I had missed the first two days -
not so for this last event!

Held for the first time at the Tybee Post Theater,
the festival had saved the shorts just for me!
"How Do Sharks And Rays Use Electricity To Find Hidden Prey?" was physics and chemistry and action!
"Whale Aware" told of a new phone app to help us protect the largest mammals - fascinating!
"A Plastic Sea" was not only informative, but actually explored options to help combat the problems of synthetics in the ocean.

"You're Not Hallucinating,
That's Just Squid Skin
"
was chemistry fun for everyone -
think of fireworks as flesh!
Afterward, we all dined on succulent treats,
courtesy of the North Beach Grill.
Such delectable foods they were -
and that's what the sand gnats said about us!

I headed back home, where I had planned to watch the Super Bowl rout.
Imagine my surprise when ATLANTA was in the lead at the end of the first half!
I decided to join my middle brother for the half-time show.

Ronnie was exactly where he had told me he would be:
at the Dairy Queen on Skidaway Road.
He was not sober - not by a long shot -
but he was being polite to folks.
I ignored the two he was with,
choosing to concentrate on sharing the
Lady GaGa show with him, and even stayed
for the rest of the game.
What an upset that was!
Glad he and I had the time together!

i thank You, God!

2 comments:

faustina said...

I was reminded of this game at the cinema today.

It was as if I was RIGHT THERE with Ronnie again, us talking about the crazy, high-stakes, rout being enacted before our eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_LI

Really made me sad...
and made me miss those times we shared...
even when he was drunk off his ass.
He was, and always will be, my brother.

faustina said...

The manager of the Dairy Queen had even stayed open late, so we could finish watching until the game ended
That was so very kind of her.
I do hope she has a good job somewhere.
That Dairy Queen closed a few years ago.