Friday, February 9, 2018

saying goodbye



Here are Ed's three cats, looking out as he heads off from his impromptu visit today.
From left to right, that's Champ, Annie, and Elton, posing in the window.
They look so cute and sweet, don't they?

I've had to remove the curtain - it's too late to salvage the blinds.
I found that out when Ed finally brought litter yesterday morning.

That's okay, though; their days under my roof are numbered.
It'll be "farewell, felines" on February 22nd, if not before.
I told him, in no uncertain terms, that they must be gone by that date.
Trying to keep Elton under control has been quite stressful for me.
Add to that the velociraptor action they launch into when I enter, with two of them trying to distract me while the third sidles over toward the door.
I am tired of it and tired from it and it needs to stop.

I have deliberately minimized my time with the cats.
No need for them to become accustomed to me or me to grow fond of them.
They are not mine and shall not be.
Today began their fourth week in my Ocean Room.
I have given Ed two weeks to find somewhere else for them -
two weeks until February 22nd.
Finally, a date when my house will be mine again!
i thank You, God.

No comments: