Tuesday, February 20, 2018

brakes and breaks

Let this be a warning to you, folks.
When the brakes on the car start squealing, get them fixed.
If I had done that, the work on my car would have been just over three hundred dollars.
However, since I dallied around on having the repair, the calipers failed, too.
Now, the total bill is one buck shy of five hundred and fifty dollars.
Procrastination is a powerful purse pincher.
Ouch!

I did get a financial break today, though.
No, not from Firestone, but from Ed DeVita.
He's going to pay me eighty-five dollars per week to continue catsitting.
That's a very good deal for him.
Most places would be charging him close to $40 per cat... and he has three.
I had told him that I wanted him to find a new place for them.
When I had first agreed to the cats coming to my house, the deal had been that he would be coming by frequently to help care for them. In particular, I wanted him to take care of the litter box; he lost his sense of smell to nose cancer some years ago, so that task is not as onerous for him.
I also wanted him to be in charge of petting the cats and brushing their fur. I have deliberately not been petting them, as I do not want to get attached to them.
They are not, and will not ever be, my cats.
Of the 34 days that his pets have been in my Ocean Room, Ed has only come to see them nine times, including the day he brought them and today.
Seriously.
That meant pooper-scooper duties had been all mine.
So, I told him they needed to leave, if he was not to be helping to care for them.
He had countered that he'd rather pay me than someone else. The cats were happy at my house, even if they were in just the one room. They were all together, not in cages, and could roam the room.
So, at least for now, the cats stay.

No comments: