Saturday, February 24, 2018

singing along!


One of my playwright friends, Amanda Mack, posted this.

"Years ago, I got invited to this private acoustic show inside of a house that some friends were performing at. There were a few other people performing too, and before they went on, this kid went up and played "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer. He was super young. Probably late teens, early 20s. He was barely alive when this song came out. I found out later he was in a fantastic band called Heyrocco out of SC.
Either way, I'm watching him and I'm quietly singing too because, well, I love the song. And he's looking at me the entire time. Boring a hole in me. I kinda feel like he's singing this song just for me. I don't think much of it. I'm the only person singing along and there aren't a lot of people there to begin with.
He finishes, gets his applause, and immediately comes over to me. He says to me, "I'm so happy you were there singing! I just learned the song last week and I didn't remember the words! I was looking at you and remembering them."
I think that's the most important I've ever felt.
"

Wow.
What a beautiful remembrance for her!
I'm so glad he took the time to let her know she made a difference for him.
So often, I don't think we get that validation.
Good for her!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Me too! It was so nice. I mean, it's something I still think about and find happiness in even though it was 4 or 5 years ago.