Sunday, February 11, 2018

such a shiny penny!



What a bright, clean-looking, 2016 penny that is!

"Agreed. Where did you find it? Outside the church?"

No, that wasn't where. I had every intention of going to church today... but didn't quite make it. I seem to be sleeping fairly late of late. But I did manage to make it to my brother's for the low country boil!


That's Smitty, having just poured the goodies into a pan to take in the house. He very nearly missed the pan! As he started pouring, the force of the food caused the aluminum pan to go skittering toward the edge of the table. That's physics for you!
(smile)

"Good thing he corrected his aim! Is that Tony with him, sampling the shrimp?"

That is the Dood! He had been craving sausage and shrimp, so Smitty hooked him up for this six-hour visit. That arm in the foreground belongs to Mark Norman, from our childhood days. He and his wife, Paula, have recently moved back from Colorado.

"Was the penny found at Smitty's house, then?"

No, but that would have been pretty amazing if it had been. You may recall that I picked up a penny at the CTC when I took Tony back last Saturday.

"Exactly! That's what I was thinking, too. What a coincidence that would have been, to find another penny on another visit with your youngest brother!"

Sho' nuff.
(smile)
But that isn't where the penny surfaced.
I found it when Carolyn and I were exiting the screening room at Carmike. She and I had just watched the latest from Clint Eastwood, "The 15:17 To Paris". She had sent me a text this afternoon which read
"Get on the train" - in other words, go with your heart.
I thought she was referencing the movie, so that's part of my reason for choosing it today!

"Oh. Oh! So, your 'right place, right time' was with her, at the cinema, for that particular movie!"

Just like the 'right place, right time' for those three young men, friends since childhood, was on that particular train, on that particular day, on its run from Amsterdam.
i thank You, God, for such a blessed day!


Not that it's quite over yet!
Mary set me up with a heapin' helpin' of low country boil when I left their house. I'm sure I have a couple of future meals ahead of me with this platterful!
Now, time for more ice-dancing at the 2018 Winter Olympics!
Later!

No comments: