Monday, October 1, 2018

a day for the kid in me


Today, I did the right thing: I went to the DQ, where my brother was to meet me.
No Ronnie was there, inside or out, at 2:00 PM.
I waited for twenty minutes, but still no Ronnie.
Across to the carwash I went.
Hobe had seen him earlier, but did not know where he'd gone.
As he expected to see him later that afternoon, I asked him to pass a message on.
He assured me he would.
All I wanted to do was check on his left eye.

In need of some R&R, I decided to celebrate the kid in me!
Sometimes, that's really what is needed to make 'adulting' fade to the background.
So, for this day of Indian summer, I had my own "summer kid film fest"!
"Smallfoot" was the first up to bat... and it bopped one out to left field for a solid double.
Way to go! There certainly was a lot more heft to this movie than I'd thought!

Then it was time to Dream Big, Princess...
and with real royalty, too!
"Tangled" was a sweet celebration of Princess Rapunzel, with a bit more twist to the tale and
a lot more tail to the tresses!
What fabulous use of a cast iron frying pan!
What a fabulously demented horse who thought he was part bloodhound!
What fabulously fun singing by the ruffians in the bar!
Barbara and Carolyn had decided to join me for this one - such good friends!
Surprisingly, neither had ever seen it!
I was tickled that the short, elderly guy whose dream was to be a flying Cupid kept reminding me of Ronnie.
It must have been his sweet, goofy smile!
(smile)


What a wonderfully relaxing blessing this film festival has been for me!
And when all was said and done and I was safely home again, I saw my odometer:
200220
What a fine, round, plethora of two's!
(smile)
i thank You, God!

No comments: