Monday, October 15, 2018

letting my voice be heard

Last Thursday, I had gone out to the Regal to see "M*F*K*Z", an animated film about Angelino, a mixed-race being - half-human, half alien - who was a pizza delivery guy in DMC.
Now, there were several reasons I was attracted to this.
First, I was once in love with a pizza delivery guy, eventually marrying him and being his wife for fifteen of the sixteen years that we were a couple.
Second, my guy was from DMC - Detroit Motor City - and this movie was definitely taking place in a huge city with all the problems of such a venue.
Third, I had seen "Venom" on its pre-opening night screening, a marvelous Marvel movie featuring a mixed-race being, and I wanted to see how the two compared.
So, off I had gone, eager to partake of yet another Fathom event!

I had arrived early, to purchase my ticket and get seated for the show.
Alas, the management at Regal that night flubbed the gig, big time.
I, and the other audience members, were forced to wait for thirty minutes, in the dark, watching the same silent advertising screens over and over and over.
I made sure to let Regal know, online, about their flub.
I also sent the following message to Fathom Events.

*****
Faustina Smith
Oct 12, 16:36 MDT

Last night, I attended the Fathom event, "M*F*K*Z" at the Regal Cinema in Savannah, GA. The movie was scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM. Instead, the Fathom COUNTDOWN began at 7:00 PM, forcing all of us to sit through thirty minutes of nothingness instead of the movie we had all come to watch. I have been to many Fathom events and I know the Fathom COUNTDOWN is supposed to begin 30 minutes before the scheduled movie time. Apparently, the management at this Regal Cinema was not familiar with how to operate and screen a Fathom event. Please contact them about this error on their part. Then, please contact me to assure me that they will know how to run their next Fathom event. Thank you.

*****

Just a few minutes ago, the good folks at Fathom responded!
Hallelujah!
Here's what they wrote.

***** *****
Fathom Events Customer Support (Fathom Events)

Oct 15, 16:53 MDT
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out and our sincerest apologies! We are reaching out to this location to remind them of when and how to properly execute a Fathom event.

Thank you,

Fathom Events

***** *****

Here's hoping they do it right at the Regal when they screen "Die Hard" next month.
My thanks to Fathom for their quick response!
(smile)

Now, I need to get ready for a special movie of a different kind: "Helicopter Eela"!
It's an Indian movie, over at the Royal Cinema in Pooler!
Las tres amigas, y Carolyn, tambien, have been treated to a different Indian movie for the last few weeks! That's not to say we haven't paid for our tickets - for we have - but the treat is getting to experience film from a foreign country.
Later, y'all!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I do hope that my complaint to Fathom did not lead to the closure of this Regal Cinema almost a month later.
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2018/11/another-one-bites-dust.html

Then again, I hardly think my one complaint would have done so.
However, I was not alone in that cinema for the flubbed Fathom event.
Many young people were there and I know they are more adept at the use of social media to change poor management.
Still, I do miss having the Regal Cinema.
I always referred to it as "the pretty one".
Maybe Cobb Theatre will take over that building.