Wednesday, October 10, 2018

ww changing the game

I guess they're trying to minimize the mental image.
"WW" is no longer "Weight Watchers".
Now, "WW" is interpreted as "Wellness Wins".
Food is still to be tracked, as is activity... as is meeting attendance.
Oh, wait, that's changed, too.
No longer will we have "meetings", but "studio workshops".
In other words, the semantics have changed.
I'll see how it works out.
This is the first week of "the change".
For the most part, they're trying to get everyone to use the WW App for tracking.
Of course, use of that application requires a smart phone.
No, thank you.
I was never attached at the hip for my students, I certainly won't be for this commercial money-making venture.
Wellness Wins is offering a "sweetener" to the program: WW points.
Points for tracking meals, for tracking activity, for going to a workshop.
Then, eventually, these accumulated WW points can be redeemed for rewards.
Apparently, their goal is to allow WW members to acquire WW merchandise as rewards.
I guess I'll see how that works in the future, especially for those of us without the internet hooked onto our hip or in our bra.
(smile)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have the second movie of today's double header shortly.
Earlier, I went to "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" - and, for free, too!
That's because I had exchanged my Regal Crown points for a movie ticket.
Happy birthday60 to me!
(smile)
Well worth it, too! So good to see Chris Pratt - my Guardian of the Galaxy - again!
I really enjoyed Ted Levine, too! He plays such an awesome bad guy, just as he did in "The Silence Of The Lambs". Still, I must say I prefer him as Adrian Monk's patient boss - delightful! And guess what? He's exactly one year older than I am, sharing May 29th with me!
I just knew there was something special about him!
(smile)
Now, my AMC A*List is granting me free passage for "Moana"!
No, this was not my first time seeing the ocean-themed movie.
However, I certainly enjoyed it much better this time, even with The Rock's hamminess.
Amazing what a difference perspective makes!
(smile)

No comments: