Thursday, October 18, 2018

i think she likes you

This is the cup that was chosen by my hand this morning.
I hardly ever use it, as it is truly a coffee cup.
I tend to use coffee mugs.
Not today, though.
What a good harbinger of things to come with my first niece!
She was the one who'd given me this, years ago, and thoughts of her brought a call from her!
Hooray!
We had a quiet, leisurely lunch -
just the two of us! -
at Carey Hilliard's.
What a delightful treat to have her to myself!
Then we spent another two hours together shopping!
I know, I know, I usually don't engage in that feminine sport...
but everything is more fun with her...
so I agreed to go!
The Sears is closing and we went in search of... well, of whatever came to hand that seemed like a deal.
You know how "shopping" is played, don't you?
(smile)
I'd bought a very nice pair of bookbags for Ronnie, knowing he'd lose the item and wanting to have a back-up at hand.
Planning ahead, n'est-ce pas?
I bought myself some Elvis-inspired blue suede shoes... tennis shoes, that is!
They have pretty ribbons instead of shoe laces.
Sweet!
Soon enough, it was time to pick up the littlest girl from day care.
I was still in the car when we got her and she was glad to see me, giving me a big grin!
Then Christina dropped me off at my house.
When I stepped out of the car, Miyah stopped what she was doing and looked at me, then her mom, then back at me, puzzled.
This was the first time I had not continued on with them to Hinesville and that perplexed the littlest girl.
It was a rather sweet and sad and funny moment.
She had not known I had a "date" with the physicist tonight, to dine at The Noodle Bowl and see the latest Jeff Bridges' film ("Bad Times At The El Royale").
After I got into the house, I texted Christina that we had "confused the little girl!"
She replied, "I know! I think she likes you!"
Good.
I think I like her, too.
(smile)

No comments: