Sunday, December 22, 2019

it can't rain all the time

I do so love that movie!
I'm talking about "The Crow", of course.
Such impeccable timing for it to be shown on this day, which has had naught but rain for much of the morning, all of the afternoon, and all of the evening thus far.
That has been most fortunate for me!
With the girls at their Grammy's house still, the stage was set for me to do Christmas-y things unimpeded by little ones.
What type of Christmas-y things?
(smile)
How about hauling out the bags from the gift closet and sorting out their contents?
That activity was followed by searching through the wrapping papers and bows and gift tags.
Then came the prime time fun: wrapping the presents!
I do so enjoy doing that!
Matching up the designs on the paper, choosing the right wrap for each child, carefully hiding the tape on the backside...
most definitely much fun!
I'd been able to do a bit of all that prior to sending off the gifts to Alabama for my two nephews (Merritt and Conner) and one niece (Aubree) who reside there...
but that was a full week ago.
My fingers had been itching to complete the packages for my local kids!
There's the eldest great-niece, Caitlyn, who will be 13 by month's end - I had gifts for her for Christmas and for her birthday!
Next are three boys: nephew Noah, great-nephew Kobe, and step-nephew Christian Jr.
Plus, I have four more girls, all great-nieces, none yet of school age: Alyssa, Leila, Miyah, and Chloe, in chronological order.
Miraculously, the gift closet had presents for all!
(It's a bit empty now, so I'll have to start restocking its shelves.)
So, I've been wrapping to my heart's content for the past five hours!
Now, I have a rather nice pile of gifts waiting to be disbursed and it's time for a break.
The figure-skating is all done, my supper is on the stove, and one of my favorite revenge romances is about to adorn my tiny television screen -
all is well in my world!
i thank You, God!

No comments: