Sunday, December 29, 2019

two trips to dutch island in less than a week!

Christmas morning was quiet at my house, as the twins are at their Grammy's in Guyton.
That allowed me to truly notice how nicely the Christmas tree's lights ere reflected in this ballgown.
Very pretty!
The quiet allowed me plenty of time to enjoy a cup of coffee before getting my act together and taking it on the road.
The bunch of "permanent" wooden flowers are for my sister-in-law Mary, while the packages of Frango mints from Sue's party are destined for my niece and two nephews from that household.
In fact, here's one of those nephews!
Tyler was wearing quite a festive red sweater, but its message - "TAKE ME GNOME TONIGHT" - was not only punny, but also brought to mind the Eddie Money song and the Odd Lot show earlier this year that began my
fun with gnomes.
I just loved all of that!
My brother Smitty was also wearing red...
hey! I wonder if they planned that?
(smile)
Here he is, playing Santa after the feast.
There was even a gift for me under their family tree!
Speaking of family, here's the rest of his clan.
That's my sis-in-law Mary on the left, my oldest niece Christy in the Santa-themed top, and my nephew Zach
lounging in the chair.
(smile)

My great-niece, Caitlyn, very much liked the the Disneyworld cap!
I think she liked the Tinkerbell pin on it, too.
I'm so glad she liked that memento of our trip this summer!
Hooray!
(I hope she likes the Lego movie-making book for her birthday, too. That will be on the 30th.)
I know that my great-nephew Kobe, son of Zach and Linh, liked his gift from me!
I had hoped to play with him a bit of the newfangled game of catch, using the velcro-wrapped ball and paddles, but we didn't get the chance.
Too much else was yet to be unwrapped!
(smile)

Then, today, Smitty and Mary hosted a lowcountry boil, aimed at educating some Missouri guys about that Southern treat!
That would be Alek and Cole and Noah, of course, three of the four sons of my new sis-in-law Laura.
That's her, with the youngest boy, Noah, and with my brother Tony in between.
The game was "Man Bites Dog", about making headlines - I even played a couple of hands and was delighted!
Then I ate so much shrimp and sausage and chocolate-covered cherries and little red potatoes and peach cobbler and...
well, let's just say I won't be eating dinner tonight.
What a great time with family!
i thank You, God!

No comments: