Sunday, December 1, 2019

connected to the www again!


That's Spencer, from Comcast, who had to climb up and reattach my internet connection.
Also, since my 2015 router from them was defunct, he brought a new one and set that up.
And, as they had - years ago - sent me the incorrect cable box for my "basic" tv subscription, he brought the correct one and set that up, too.
Hallelujah!!!

It only took three phone calls with Joe of Comcast on the 27th to get things started.
Then, it took another three phone calls, this time to Happy of Comcast, on Saturday, followed by one with the tech Mico of Comcast, and a rather lengthy one with Willa that evening.
That last one was because of the change in the schedule for the house visit.
First, Happy told me the tech would come on Monday, 2 December, between 10 AM and noon.
No problem, I said.
Then, Mico told me the tech would come on Sunday, 1 December, between 3 PM and 5 PM.
No problem, I said.
Then, Comcast's automated system called to say the tech would arrive Sunday, 1 December, between 10 AM and noon.
Nope, that would not do!
I had missed church for weeks and wanted to go and that was not the time I'd agreed to!
So, poor Willa caught all of that.
Bless her for listening quietly while I poured my troubles into her ear.
In the end, I kept the appointment for this morning, rather than wait days more.
Good thing I did!
Spencer was a very kind and considerate young man, and very thorough.
Hallelujah!

The four of us have just had slunch together and all is much better!
Michael, Alyssa, and Leila dined on Thanksgiving leftovers from their Nana's house.
I had one of my warmer weather favorites: tuna with lime & cilantro Rotel and toasted tortillas (kinda sorta an instant ceviche).
And we were all sharing meal time together!
And we are all healthy again!
Hallelujah!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Earlier last Sunday, I'd posted on fb, having gone there for the first time in almost three weeks. Such nice responses!
------ ----- ----------- -----
December 1 at 12:39 PM ·
Hooray! I finally have internet again! I have been without since the storm on the 15th. Then life got busy, I got a sinus infection that was completed by influenza b from my new housemates (my nephew and his two girls), and was utterly exhausted. Finally started feeling human this week, so I called Comcast on the 27th, then again yesterday. So good to be back and running on all cylinders! :)
28 likes, loves
14 Comments

Kevin Crabtree: Glad you’re feeling much better.

Marcia Ford: Happy to hear you are better. Maybe next year they will get a flu shot. I did. And also stayed away from people.
Faustina Smith: True! I get a flu shot every year and it really has helped. Not all of the different strains can be included, but lots of hand-washing usually helps a lot. I'm working to get those two little girls to wash their hands after the bathroom and before eating. Meanwhile, there's always Lysol!

Sarah Logan-Reynolds: Flu sucks the life out of you.👎 I’m glad that you are feeling better!

Yvonne Pizzo Roach: Glad you're feeling better!

Hallie Henry Allgood: Glad you are feeling better!

Jo Coleman-Williams: Glad to have you back!

Christina Smith: Love you. Glad you are feeling better.

Sue Gorecki: Glad you're feeling lots better!! It's Theatre time again!! See you "there"!!
Faustina Smith: Yep! Collective Face on Friday, then Sav Rep next Friday! <3

John Mattingly: Our line has been out for nearly 2 weeks.
Faustina Smith: Hope they get it up soon for you. <3

Lorretta Ruggiero: Hope you are feeling better! My mom and I had some crud that lasted for months.
Faustina Smith: Glad y'all are much better! <3