Sunday, August 13, 2017

lucky Sunday the 13th!



By the end of "CBS Sunday Morning", I knew this was going to be a very good day -
and it certainly has been!
How did I know?
This coincidence!
Their "moment of zen" was filmed at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge -
you know, the land by the Kennedy Space Center!
I would not have even known of that refuge had I not spent two days at KSC.
What a lovely way to remind me of that final summer vacation joy!

Next, I worked on the revisions for my patent application. That project is moving along nicely! The provisional patent application will hopefully be filed by the end of this coming week. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted!


After that, I bopped over to the Lucas to usher for "Toy Story"! You may recall that kid flick is one of the favorites of Leonard of "TBBT". In fact, it's so high on his list that Penny used its theme song lyrics as her vows to him for their wedding. Very nice!
This weekend, I've been blessed three times to usher there! The first time was yesterday afternoon, for the matinee of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". That evening, after an ice cream cone (!) from the Ben & Jerry's on Broughton, I had "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". Woohoo!
I had the good fortune to work with Han for each of those. Nice young man! Good to have Grey as the house manager, too, and to see Don there today.
And guess who came to each of those movies? Carolyn did! So did Hai! And so did Ken! I had the good fortune to sit with him for two out of three films. That ain't bad, as Meat Loaf would say.
(smile)


You know, I didn't sing any of his songs tonight... will do next time!
The "Born in the 50's and 60's" group had a near-spontaneous karaoke event tonight - amazingly! Mike M and I were the only two there, but we had a blast! There were only three other singers there - Sharon of "Bridge Over Troubled Water", Jacob with "Sold: The Grundy County Auction Incident", and Michael of "Drift Away" - which allowed us to sing about every thirty minutes. Woohoo!
Where was this meetup? At Blowin' Smoke, of all places!
Mike sang "Creep", "Unforgettable", and two songs I didn't know. Coolness!
What did I sing?
Well, you know I sang Earth, Wind & Fire's "Shining Star", right? I led off with that and then it was "Brand New Key" for me - much fun! Two of my favorites, and everyone there seemed to like them, too.
(smile)
Then, for the first time ever, I sang the Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" song... maybe that is not quite my key. :-) "Don't Stop" went over quite well; "Across The Universe", not so well, but my voice had slipped by this time.
Stacy is the one who alerted us to this Sunday karaoke, but she didn't show. I guess she knows the KJ, Michael Hale. He ran a good event! He even sang a few songs, like "Ice Ice Baby" - hahaha haha!
I sure did have a wonderful time, singing and even dancing!

Oh, one more thing!
The bfe was off with his girlie for her birthday all weekend and was already a-bed when I returned home last night.
But he woke up and stayed to chat!
I told him about "Cavender Is Coming", the 1962 Twilight Zone episode with Carol Burnett that was on late on Thursday night. I had very nearly woken him up for it!
She was in a role similar to Jimmy Stewart's in "It's A Wonderful Life", with Jesse White as her bumbling guardian angel, Harmon Cavender. Excellent show - and nice to talk to the J-Dawg about it.
We two have a history with Carol Burnett, ya know.
(smile)
i thank You, God!

3 comments:

Mike M said...


New Comments
KARAOKE
with Born in the 50's & 60's

Mike Matheny
3:42 AM
Faustina was killin it (in a good way). She has to return when the record company executives show up.

faustina said...

Hey, guess what? Mike knows Kathy and Preston from AMUMC! They were at Blowin' Smoke for dinner and he was with them. Major Kewlniss!
(smile)

faustina said...

Oh, one more thing!
The bfe was off with his girlie for her birthday all weekend, but he woke up after I returned home last night.
I told him about "Cavender Is Coming", the 1962 Twilight Zone episode with Carole Burnett that was on late on Thursday night. I had very nearly woken him up for it!
She was in a role similar to Jimmy Stewart's in "It's A Wonderful Life", with Jesse White as her guardian angel, Harmon Cavender. Excellent show - and nice to talk to the J-Dawg about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavender_Is_Coming