Friday, August 25, 2017

midtown hoedown!


Food and a dance party?!
Count me in!
I wasn't sure about the music to be played, but, hey,
I used to be able to square dance and
to go a few rounds with cotton-eyed Joe!
(smile)
I had even made sure I didn't get overbooked on this night.
After all, I had known that karaoke Mike was going to be there,
along with Kathy and Preston as a buffer,
so I was looking forward to getting to know him a bit better, ya know?
(smile)

He and I were out on the floor for a few line dances -
though you know how off-step I get with those!
Then it was time to chow down!
He made sure we had some time together,
clearing a place for me to dine, too,
then we talked about family and life and travel -
all very nice!
Then he was off to home, having an early job,
and I was off to the dance floor again.

How very nice to have Billy and Cheri there, too,
cutting the rug in their western wear!
Quite a few folks were dressed for the occasion,
with boots and fringe and cowboy hats,
but just as many were clad in regular garb
and summer sandals, as I was.
And the music?
Well, let me just say this:
"Play that funky music, white boy!"
(smile)

No comments: