Saturday, June 1, 2019

dancing until the wee hours, as jim said

The game plan had been to see a movie first,
then to go out dancing.
I simply could not get revved up for the
coming-of-age flick... but I did come out
to shake my booty!
Barbara and Joyce only let me dance solo for
about three songs before they jumped out on
the floor, too!
That was for the band's first set.
By the second set, Sandy was moved to get up
and dance with us!
Carolyn and Hai sat out every song.
I have no idea how they could do that.


I danced from the moment I walked in until the band finally took their break between sets.
Then, when they started back up again, I was out there moving and singing along!
Hey, it isn't often these days that I get to hear my favorite cover band, the Magic Rocks.
It's even rarer that they're playing in my part of town.
Still, that may be changing, as they have been at Taste Of India several times this year.
Hallelujah for that!
I just love the variety of songs and genres that they do... and how they mix it all up!
Like Weezer's 1994 poppy and fun "Undone", followed by Aerosmith's hard-rockin' "Sweet Emotion" from 1975, right before Queen's kicky 1979 "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and Tommy Tutone's 1981 request for Jenny not to change her number from "867-5309"!
That last one transported me right back to the NCO club in Okinawa - oh, yeah!
As for Prince's "Purple Rain", I may have been the only one moving to it, but I was dancing like no one else was there except me and the band. That 1984 song is one of my favorites and Craig has such a great voice for it!
Let's see, what are some other examples of their style and range?
Well, how about that "Midnight Rider" with his "Bad Case of Loving You"?
Or maybe you'd prefer the "Wild Wild Life", riding down the road with "One Headlight"?
Then again, there's always the chance of a "Third Rate Romance"...
but I'd rather it be that "You Shook Me All Night Long"...
Oh, yeah, baby!
Indeed, that's a good note to end on and this is a good time for sweet dreams!
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I just remembered something funny!
As I was taking my leave at night's end, Ronny (the bassist) mentioned that I was "hitting the bases".
Jim said, "Oh, that's funny. You said it because she likes baseball, right?"
LOL!
Of course it was! I hope Ronny will get in touch when he is looking for tickets sometime!