Sunday, June 2, 2019

time and space can't keep us apart

It doesn't matter to me whether he's called Ryan Pelton or Blake Rayne.
He will always be my elevator man.
It doesn't matter that he was once a computer-nerd web designer that didn't sing.
I am thankful to his mom.
She dared him to enter a contest in 1998, in which he sang "Jailhouse Rock" and won.
By 2001, he was crowned the Worldwide Images of The King winner in Memphis.
Then, in 2016, I saw him perform for the first time, at the Georgia Elvis Festival.
He was a last-minute replacement for an ETA that didn't show...
and he was so incredible that I had to put on my glasses to make sure he wasn't Elvis...
giving a masterful performance in black leather...
even though he was ill that night.
Wow.
He is a genuinely nice guy.
Then I found out he's not only nice to everyone, but he's very smart.
He was on "The Weakest Link: The Elvis Impersonators" in 2002, when he was 29 years old. Robert Washington was the only other one I recognized of the eight contestants.
Ryan won, walking away with $137,500 in prize money.
Wow.
Nice, smart, and a joy to be around.
For almost two hours tonight I've been enthralled by him again.


While in search of entertainment On Demand, "The Identical" found me.
How did he, an unknown as an actor, end up starring in two roles in the 2014 film?
Right place, right time.
He happened to be in the same Nashville rehearsal studio at the same time that one of the film producers was scouting for a location to record the soundtrack.
Wow.
By his own admission, he has been blessed to be in the right place for most of his career.
I certainly agree that he has been blessed.
I have been blessed, too.
Right place, right time.
i thank You, God.

No comments: