Tuesday, June 18, 2019

no T here

Stranded at home can be a plus sometimes.
First, it makes you appreciate your friends even more.
Yesterday, Christina picked me up after she left work to take me to Savannah Mall.
Why?
So I could meet with Kevin for Marvelous Monday.
Thank you, my dearest first niece.
(smile)
He and I were joined at "Men In Black: International" by the core group of NK!ers: Lauri, Lynn, Christa, Barbara, and Sandy. What a delightful romp that was, especially with Chris Hemsworth back at his svelte self!
Afterward, Kevin drove me across town, back to my home.
Thank you, my dearest running bear.
(smile)
Today, Smitty fetched me southside so I could do his business' sales tax. Then, he waited at the grocery store as I bought much-needed food before returning me home.
Thank you, my dearest oldest brother.
(smile)
Later, Barbara will come from far southside to pick me up for "Shaft". It's the other movie I want to see in honor of SamJ's birthday last Friday. (The other - "MIB:I" - was seen on Monday, as noted above.) Carolyn will be there, too.
Thank you, dos de mi tres amigas.
(smile)
Tomorrow, my first niece will be loaning me her car, so I can still make my WW meeting.
Thank you, dearest Christina.
(smile)
Meanwhile, since I'm home, I've been kept entertained with puzzles and sudoku and jumbles, courtesy of discarded newspapers at my favorite laundrette, Wash Plus.
Thank you, Nami.
(smile)
i thank You, God, for so many who love me.
(smile)

One of the crossword puzzles had a hidden theme, but I figured it out.
Ya gotta have "Friends", as Bette Midler would sing!!!
Martin's "Laugh-In" partner"? Rowan, of course! I loved watching that show.
Big Bird's mammothlike pal? Mr. Snuffleupagus, which I only knew from watching with my nieces and nephews when they were young.
Calvin's tiger pal? I would never forget good ol' Hobbes!
Christopher Robin's bear pal? My favorite blustery day fellow, Winnie The Pooh.
Elwood P. Dowd's rabbit pal? The absolutely irresistible Harvey!
Garfield pooch? Well, I wouldn't call Odie the cat's friend, but certainly a companion.
Carol Brady, to the Bunch? Mom, of course!
Any of the above answers? Imaginary friends, straight from a writer's head!

How about those supporters who could be mistook for something else?
A nondisclosure enthusiast, for instance, is a "secret admirer".
An upper limit enthusiast, though, is a "ceiling fan".
The woodsy smell enthusiast would be a "pine nut".
One might call a party policy enthusiast a "line backer"...
but a Houston basketball player enthusiast is certainly a "Rocket booster".

Here's a few from Jumbles about friends!
While strolling with a friend, Robert Frost recited his new composition. It was "poetry in motion".
The rabbits had been married for years and were a "hoppy couple".
When "The Fantastic Four" debuted, readers bought the comic books to "Marvel at them".

Ready for a little something different?
How about a bit of rhyming, courtesy of a crossword puzzle from last month?
Be sure to read the answers aloud for most enjoyment!
What is a wine merchant based in a storage area?
- cellar seller
What is a TV drama about breakfast food?
- cereal serial
What is the name of an overhead crack cover?
- ceiling sealing
Who is the one detecting pleasant smells at church?
- censer sensor
Who is the romaine salad thief?
- Caesar seizer

By now, I'm sure you've been groaned into submission, right?
Then you're ready for the crossword answers, from May, that concerns this post's title!
All are common expressions, missing their final "t", but still forming viable words.
Here we go!
What is an animated image of Santa repeatedly going down a chimney?
- Christmas gif
What is fruit neckwear?
- Banana boa
What are the votes at a beer convention?
- brewers' yeas
"First catch the fly, then eat the fly" sounds like what?
- spider plan
Someone growing more impatient might give what indicator?
- second sigh
Who is a social newcomer who won't go away?
- long term deb
What basic banking rule is good advice for all?
- Don't forge.
What describes a basic haunting strategy?
- giving the boo

Okay, okay, you can go now, I'm done!
I sure hope you had as much fun as I did!
(smile!)

No comments: