Thursday, June 13, 2019

the parkers are here! the parkers are here!

aka: Rocky robots from outer space at the YMCA!

Nah, none of that is true, you know.
That's just me having a bit of a lark!
The first part concerns this display, featuring the
robe used by Sylvester Stallone in "Rocky".
The photo went to the movie's biggest fan:
the running bear, of course!
The robot from outer space was none other
than one of the cheeriest and smartest ever:
the delightful R2D2.
I've been his fan since that summer of 1977
when I sat in the front row to watch his
debut in "Star Wars".
And here he was, in person!!!
What do we have here?
A dancing construction worker and an war chief?
This must be that famous group that sings "YMCA"!
Well, close, but not quite, my dear!
The fellow in the headdress is Izzy, our waiter
here at Planet Hollywood.
Pretty good dancer, too!
Yes, indeed, my great-niece, Caitlyn, had finally
arrived in Orlando!
That's her, sitting nearly across from me, with
her daddy, John, there on the left.
They had arrived ravenous, after a long day of
driving, and Disney Springs provided a plethora
of lunch options!
Of course, my niece, Christy, was there, too,
sitting beside her darlin' daughter.
Shelby, John's mom, rounded out our little
party of five quite nicely!
She's about my age, just six months older.
Pretty cool!
They all opted for hamburgers.
Not me, though!
I wanted vegetables and plenty of them!
The Citrus Kale Salad gave me all that
I could have wanted... and more.
I took half of it "home" with me!

I took this back to condo, too!
isn't it absolutely lovely?
It's called a "magic band" - so, naturally, I had to have the one with Mickey, The Sorcerer's Apprentice!
(smile!)
Christy has loaded my ticket and Fast Passes onto it for our trip to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow!
I am so excited!!!

3 comments:

faustina said...

Here's my review on TripAdvisor!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d472490-r685494997-Planet_Hollywood-Orlando_Florida.html

529faustina said...

PlanetHollywoodIntl, Guest Relations Manager at Planet Hollywood, responded to this review. Responded 3 days ago.

Thank you, Faustina, for the terrific review! At Planet Hollywood, we strive to provide delicious food with world class service, so we're happy to see that reflected on your visit! We appreciate you sharing such wonderful feedback about Izzy and your entire dining experience! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review and for giving your visit to Planet Hollywood a 5-star rating. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d472490-r685494997-Planet_Hollywood-Orlando_Florida.html#

529faustina said...

Here's my complete review.

"Reviewed 1 week ago
fun place on rainy afternoon!

We barely beat the rain in our search for a late lunch. What a great place to take refuge! Our waiter, Izzy, was even part of the "YMCA" flash-dance scene! The others had burgers, but I had the Citrus Kale Salad. Fabulous! And HUGE!!! In fact, all the dishes were plentiful portions and much went home with us. Good food, good times! Nice to see R2D2 and the "Rocky" movie mementos!"
Date of visit: June 2019

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d472490-r685494997-Planet_Hollywood-Orlando_Florida.html#