Sunday, June 16, 2019

warm welcome with wee women



My dear first niece had indeed come to Saint Augustine to fetch me back to Georgia!
Before the trip, she told me "You better be careful. I expect to see you home in one piece."
Very sweet, right?
Then, when I had been panicked yesterday, she'd texted "Do I need to come rescue you?"
You truly is an angel here on Earth!

She had me out of Florida and back across the state line well before noon.
I don't know when I've been happier to see that sign!
Christy had texted me to see how things were going,
as she and her family were checking out a day early.
My great-niece was missing her dog, so home they were heading, too, and wanted to make sure I had a ride.
I love that she checked on me!

A little over an hour after entering Georgia, we were at Michael's house - hooray!
Look how happy little Miyah was to see us!
Well, mostly, I think she was delighted that her Mommy was home again.
Since Christina had left to get me, the littlest girl had gone to bed with no Mommy's kiss and had woken up this morning without her, too.
Michael was happy to see us, too, but he was a bit tired after having the three "wee women" under his care for most of two days.
As for Alyssa, she was glad to have the chance to play with her Great-Aunt Tina!
I was glad for that, too!
Now that I've been to their new house, I'll have to visit more often.
What about Leila, was she happy to see us?
Most definitely she was!
The trick was trying to catch her slowed down enough
for a photograph!
This shot, of her on the bouncy unicorn, was as close
as she got to a posed position!
So much energy these little ones have!
Two and a half hours with them and I was worn out!
(smile!)
Now, I am again at my home.
When Christina woke from her nap, she'd asked if I wanted to go out to her mom's place.
I had replied that, much as I would like to visit with them, I really, truly, wanted to go home.
She understood completely.
Thank you, my dearest, for taking such good care of me.
i thank You, God, for these blessings.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Sometimes, the folks writing horoscopes get it right.
Going through some old newspapers from Nami's, I found one dated 16 June - the day of my return from Florida with Christina.
Here's what the the forecast read:
"Do something that will ease stress and make you feel refreshed and ready to conquer the world. Assess your situation, and make positive changes."

That's just what I'd done, too!
Some of the children's energy had come home with me and I'd set about straightening up the house and weeding the yard.
I guess not having the car made me more of a homebody, with definite positive results.
I had given Christina some advice back in December. She had responded, "Yes, I guess there is always a silver lining if you just look hard enough."
Yes, there is, my dear, yes, there is.
i thank You, God.