Saturday, June 22, 2019

beaufort in bluffton, with love in the air

This may well be one of the last times I'll have lunch and a movie in Bluffton with my Beaufort nephews.
They'll be moving to Alabama by summer's end.
I'm glad I had the "Captain Marvel" popcorn tin for Conner and the "Toy Story 4" popcorn tin for Merritt.
The boys both loved the shiny metal containers!
(Amazingly, the movie souvenirs are now selling on eBay for twenty bucks - wow, as Boss would say.)


Why the move from South Carolina?
Well, "Grandma" Bonnie - my beloved stepmom and their legal guardian - has decided to move closer to my half-brother Matthew and his family.
That would include my niece, Aubree, who shares my birthday.
Bonnie and the boys have been living with her aging mom for the past couple of years. Now, the dementia and old age have taken her mom, Rosa Fletcher Pitman, at age 92.
Free, and financed, for a change of scenery, they are jumping on that chance.
I sure am going to miss them.

Meanwhile, we had this time together today!
A leisurely lunch, topped off with churros ordered by Conner, was had at Cinco's.
I had two of those tasty treats!
Then we checked out movie times.
What great good fortune!
"The Secret Life of Pets 2" would start in less than twenty minutes!
And we were in the first row!
Wowie wow wow wow!
We all loved the movie, laughing
and laughing throughout it!

Then it was time for them to return to Beaufort and me to Savannah, until the next time...
which I hope will be soon.
What to do with my Saturday night?
Well, I certainly was not going to the baseball game. Mister Willie has been in the hospital off and on for the past two weeks. In fact, ever since the long-awaited interview was finally released by the Bananas, he has been ailing. At least his left side has stopped hurting now, but he still has abdominal distress. I had a very nice two-and-a-half hour visit with him yesterday after I gave blood.
I picked up a "Connect Savannah" for ideas.
Not much of interest there, nor in the "top five" of "DO Savannah"...
but wasn't there something at my church...
and then I found the half-page article!
Sure enough, "Love Is In The Air", a music revue and silent auction, was tonight!
So, that's where I went.
I contacted mi tres amigas, but none were available.
No worries, I had song and dance - mostly mine of that latter! - and comedy, too!

I sang along with every tune, of course, and thoroughly enjoyed "Whistling Away The Dark"!
I held off dancing until Gray, Nick, Drew, and Stephen sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" - I just had to dance with my Vegas memories for that!
Later, Gray Armstrong stepped out as an Elvis Tribute Artist, belting out "Viva, Las Vegas" - what a treat to hear that again!
What a treat to hang out with these folks, too.
(smile)

No comments: