Wednesday, June 12, 2019

legoland? not today!

First on the agenda was my WW meeting - yes, even on vacation! - at my favorite place in Orlando for that.
Then I was off to LegoLand!
My nephew, Michael, and his girls loved it last year, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
(smile)
Here I am, about to pass under the entry sign!
See my pink hat in the lower right?
I had thought I read in a book from the Visitor's Center that all military, including veterans, were granted free entry here, like at SeaWorld.
Um... no... that was certainly not correct.
Active Duty military were the only ones admitted free, courtesy of the "Bricks and Boots" promotion.
The manager did offer me a 10% ticket discount, but that would still have been ninety dollars for entry.
I thanked her and requested a refund of the twenty-three dollars paid as a parking fee.
She complied, very nicely, and I went back to my patient car in the "Candy Vendor" outer lot.
At least the day had brightened and the sky cleared.
(smile)

By 2 PM, I was back at the condo, sandals off.
My feet were pretty sore from walking in bad shoes most of the day yesterday, so kicking back felt like the best course of action.
I knew I'd be traipsing around in the Magic Kingdom with my eldest niece and her family on Friday.
Best to let my feet rest before their arrival tomorrow!
But I did go out to dinner a little while ago, checking out Chevys Fresh Mex.
Hooray! They had Shrimp Ceviche!!!
what a fabulous end to the day!
(smile!)

No comments: