Monday, January 17, 2022

broken pots, bowling alley, and other schist

Another one bites the dust!
I was cooking dinner - one of those chopped kits, the Asian variety, for my variation on an Applebee's favorite.
I added some leftover shredded rotisserie chicken to bulk up the protein.
Hey, with the pandemic back to swinging for the stars, I want my immune system to have all it needs to build antibodies, right?
So, I went to lift the lid and give it another stir...
but the glass lid slipped from my grasp...
and, justthatfast, the pot was shattered.
I tried to eat part of the dinner anyway, but after the second time of fine shards and running to the sink to rinse them from my mouth, I was done.
Now, I'm back down to one large cooking pot.
Drats.
At least "Monk" was very entertaining and a welcome distraction, as it usually is.
This one concerned a death and a series of mishaps at an office, so he agreed to go undercover to work there.
And just why did he so willingly?
Because it was talked up as mostly paperwork, tedious, never-ending paperwork.
That routine worked for him!
And he loved being part of the group - going to lunches, kidding around, even joining their bowling club.
And they loved his ability to ferret out the office romances, and identify Xeroxed buttocks, and to reliably make strikes and spares!
That is, until the last frame.
He'd been bowling in his street shoes and the other team finally noticed - as they stood to lose - and called foul, unless he agreed to change into proper footwear for his final turn.
He wouldn't consent, of course.
Not even when his teammates begged him to do so.
Put on shoes worn by someone else???
Hey, he was far too much of a germophobe for that...
even though it meant his team lost by two points.
Ouch. 
He was stranded at the bowling alley that night.
And, yeah, the next day at the office was not the cakewalk it had been.
No one greeted him or smiled at him, just glared and pouted.
Poor Adrian!
But he did solve the case, so that was good.
(smile!)
I had one more special treat in store before bedtime.
As this was Sunday, that meant I'd have some late-night (truly, more like early morning) episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" to end my day.
Hooray!
Ever since I started watching the TCT weekday movie at 6 PM, I don't get to see my boys of physics as much as I once did.
This time, I got one of my favorites!
Actually, I love all of the ones with Howard singing, from the love song to Bernadette in s7e6, all the way up to the "Fun With Flags Retrospective".
Tonight, it was his band with Raj - Footprints On The Moon, that I've swooned over before - with Bert as a third honorary member.
After all, it was the geologist's song in the s11e13 episode that they were singing at the bar mitzvah, so he had to be in the band!
"Six tons of granite and a bad case of schist" was from the famous boulder's point of view.
Did I say famous?
Of course it was - it had starred opposite Harrison Ford in the first Indiana Jones movie!
And here's a couple of rock facts for you.
A boulder differs from a rock in that it has a minimum diameter of 25.6 centimeters.
Did you know that?
It's in the song!
Also, a boulder with schist is akin to a person with diarrhea.
How so?
Both have non-cohesive components in them that can cause the runs!
Hahahaha!
Bedtime for me!
(smile!)

No comments: