Thursday, January 13, 2022

life in a computer with a mermaid... or two

This was the conversation last Friday with the physicist.
 
me: Oops... I was supposed to let you know when i got back from Flor-i-da. Well, that was late Wednesday. Lol!
 
bfe: I am happy to hear of your triumphant return!

me: Thanks! All well in your corner of the world?
 
bfe: Yeah things are pretty quiet. Back to the work grind starting next week. How about you?

me: I watched this awesome show on pbs about using muography to map the inside of a pyramid. Really cool, though i did not really understand the technique. Have you seen it?
 
bfe: I have not but I will look for it... I am all about pyramids... Go Cheops or not at all!!!
bfe: Or khufu depending on your bend...

me: The coolest part? I went to bed before it was over... And woke up to it being at the point where i left it! Like i was meant to see the rest!
me: Nova is the one with that particularly episode. Japanese, French, and another team all working together, using different analyses.
 
bfe: I will definitely check it out... and that's funny about picking up right where you left off. Maybe the computer simulation is breaking down?

me: You mean this isn't the real world we're living in? It's the matrix? :-) btw, that new movie is pretty awesome.
-----

Then, we had this convertextation earlier today, based on this photo from the art exhibit I spent almost three hours at a week ago Tuesday.

me: Mermaids playing bridge! This is titled "Palm Beach Bridge Club". Meant to send this last week of your future card game hopefuls!

bfe: I like that!
bfe: Where can I meet these mermaids?

me: Well, i think they are hanging around Daytona...
me: LOL!
me: The artist is Ralph Cahoon. I think the painting is from the fifties or sixties.

bfe: I think I will have to check that out!

me: He was pretty fascinated with mermaids, has a lot of works with them.

I'm pretty fascinated with mermaids, too, and have been for most of my life.
I think it may date back to the Norse or Greek or Roman mythology that I was reading.
Ralph Cahoon's works are in the family museum up in Massachusetts.
So, perhaps, if I do get to travel this year...
and if I go to visit the Melaness and her man in Carlisle...
(which, I think, is close, but who knows?)...
then I'll pop into the place and see more of his works than MOAS had.
That will be very cool!
(smile!)

No comments: