Wednesday, April 26, 2017

ciao, Theresa


I had popped onto facebook to check in with folks, looking for light entertainment.
The news from my nephew Zach was somber and grabbed my aching heartstrings.
His Grandma Terrie was buried today.
If I had known, I would have been there.

Theresa Rondeau was 78 years old, the same age as my Aunt Linda.
She was loud and loving and lively, ready with a hug whenever I saw her.
Of course, that wasn't often. In fact, the last time was for the baby shower for Zach's son, Kobe. He was Terrie's one and only great-grandchild and she loved him so much. His name is even included in her obituary.
That baby shower was in the summer of 2010.
Could that possibly be right???
Nope! She was at the pool party for Kobe's first birthday, too, in July of 2011.
I also got to visit with her in July of 2012 at the boy's 2nd birthday pool party.


Here's the photo I took at that event... and the words Dee wrote about her mom.
"Okay, this is the 'great-grandmother/Zach's family's side...Grandma Beauty...or depending on a child's age it's pronounced...'grandma-Booty'!...She is obviously telling someone how, or what, to do."
Hey, what else would you expect from an Italian straight out of the Bronx?
(smile)
Terrie was never boring, that's for sure.
I'm sorry I wasn't at the funeral to give my nephew a big hug... and to get one, too.

No comments: