Saturday, April 29, 2017

post-funeral thoughts



Here's what I wrote on facebook, after the visitation last night, after the funeral and burial and the luncheon at St. James Catholic Church this morning and afternoon.

"My gratitude to my ex, Jeff McDermott. He drove in from Rome, GA, for the funeral today for our niece, Jean Marie Morgan, to show his love and support for me, my stepsister Susan Morgan, our nephew Stephen Morgan, and for her dear Robert Williams. Jeff embodied the Reverend Joseph Smith's message at the funeral mass. To paraphrase, we are all flawed creatures and sometimes we need to ask each other for help and we need to know that asking for help is part of being human... and to give that help when asked is also part of her nature. My thanks for continued prayers during this time, not just for me, but for all who knew Jean Marie."

My ex had driven up on Friday night, arriving just before midnight.
In the morning, we met for breakfast before heading to the church.
He never left my side.

God is still looking in on me, too.
That is how I know I am both blessed and loved.

Now, I am taking a nap.
If only I had someone to sing "Soft Kitty" to me, that would be perfect.
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

36 likes Gwyn Williams Yarbrough, Pat Andres and 34 others

Stephen Morgan Love y'all

Faustina Smith Love you, too, dear. Hope to see you again soon... <3

Teri Lowery I don't know how long you were married to Jeff, but after a bitter divorce, my ex-husband of 13.5 years and made amends and keep in touch every few months, years or so because there was a reason for being married, even if it didn't work out. There's a history between you and Jeff. Good to hear he was there for you!

Penny Harrison Guenther Hugs Tina.

Lindsay McCord Norman I'm sorry for your loss, Tina.

Lorretta Ruggiero I am sorry for the loss of your niece and those who loved her.

C Robb Worthington Condolences to you and yours

William Peterson I am so sorry.

Stephanie Mostashari You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
I love you

Lizz Smith God Bless you during this most difficult time

Megan Dunphy Rakaric I'm very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts 💖

Linda L. Walker I will pray for all of you. I, too, am glad Jeff came to be with you.