Friday, April 21, 2017

out, out, i say!


Today, I spent most of my time going through the closets in my bedroom, the Ocean Room, the guest room, and the hall.
None of these are walk-in closets.
None of them.
And yet, they took up so much of my time today!
I had first intended to clear out the clothes that I had accepted from my niece, but which I could not wear.
The pants were too big on me and the tops weren't really my style.
(Yes, I kinda do have one.
Smile.)
Then, since I was going to be taking them to Goodwill, I thought I might go ahead and take them a few more things, like some T-shirts that I have never, ever worn.
After that, things got on a roll.
I was determined to take all clothes from the hall closet and the guest room.
Those two spaces certainly did not need to have clothes in them!
The next thing I knew, it was after tea time and I had amassed a car load of items.


That's three bags of clothes: one of pants, the other two of tops and tees.
There is also one bag of shoes, all of them being pairs I had liked, but rarely worn since the time five years ago when I bought them.
(Yes, I said 5 years of those shoes sitting idle.)
There is also a bag with cookbooks never used, storage containers (likewise), plastic storage bags (with zippers, that had shower curtain liners), and refrigerator magnets.
Then one bag with only three items: an electric clothes steamer (still in box), an old keyboard (for a long-gone desk computer), and a punk synthetic wig (never worn).
Seriously, there's much more that still needs to get out, but that will wait for another day.
Now, I'm going to finish mowing the back yard, as the battery is charged up again.
(That's twice this week I've had to charge it so I can mow the entire front and back.)
(That's even with the blade set at its highest range, too.)
Then, tonight, I'll meet Barbara for the 21st Asian Festival out at Armstrong!
Drums!
Dancers!
Different cultures!
Hooray!!!

i thank You, God!

No comments: