Friday, April 14, 2017

university merger news for the eagle scout


Dear Scott,

Well, it turns out I was right again.
Here's the latest news about the merger of Armstrong into Georgia Southern.

"Also this week, President Hebert unveiled his plan to designate the Armstrong Campus as the “epicenter” of health sciences for the consolidated university. Georgia Governor Nathan Deal is expected to sign the FY18 budget for the State of Georgia in the coming weeks. The budget currently includes $22 million in construction funding to build a new interprofessional healthcare education center on the Armstrong Campus. "

That's from Armstrong's President Bleicken. She has been so very helpful during this stressful time, providing frequent updates to keep all apprised of the changes in the wind.
I truly am going to miss her.

So, as I had forecast back in January, Armstrong has lost its entire athletics program (such as it was) and GaSoU has transferred its nursing program.

I wish I had attended the Town Hall meeting on Wednesday. Fortunately, it's available on video at this link. I'll be sure to watch it soon, to see the reaction of the crowd to the news about the health sciences programs.

Time will tell whether Armstrong will continue to offer degrees in Chemistry and Physics.
I've applied for Limited Term Instructor of Chemistry position for next year...but it is ONLY for the one academic year.
Curiouser and curiouser.

Hope to see you this summer!

with my love!

No comments: