Tuesday, April 11, 2017

red rose to texas!


For St. Patrick's Day, my celebration of the wearing of the green included giving of the red.
(smile)
That made my 93rd pint of blood to the American Red Cross.

Today, I received this notification of thanks!

Dear FAUSTINA,
Thank you for giving blood with the American Red Cross on 3/17/2017. After first ensuring that local needs were met, your blood donation was sent to Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX to help a patient in need. Your donation is on its way to change lives!
Every day, patients receive blood for a variety of conditions including life-threatening illnesses, blood disorders and traumas. Your blood donations are critical to helping save patients' lives.
On behalf of the hospitals and patients we serve, thank you for being a Red Cross blood donor.
Sincerely,
Mary O'Neill, M.D.
Mary O'Neill, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
American Red Cross


How cool is that?
My blood even went to help a fellow veteran!
I just love that coincidence!
(smile)

What a treat to have found this waiting in my email when I returned from "Tina Tuesday" with Kevin!
He and I dined at Buffalo Wild Wings first.
Then, off to see "Ghost In The Shell"!
Very enjoyable on all counts!
Sure, he had already seen it with his pastry chef, but that was a fair turnabout from my seeing "Logan" with him two weeks ago. (That had been my second viewing of this very emotionally-charged movie about my beloved Wolverine acting as a caretaker and dealing with aging-family issues.)
Last week, he had to beg off to study for exams.
I had taken advantage of that lapse to see "The Case For Christ" and "The Shack". I only wish my first niece could have joined me for them. I really would have liked to have her opinion on them. I will say that I preferred the scientific approach in the first of the two and the personification of the Father (as a Mother), the Son (very realistic), and the Spirit (gardening fairy).
Would I see them again?
Doubtful... but I am glad to have worked them into my film schedule.
Will there be "Tina Tuesday" with the running bear next week?
I do hope so... especially if I ask nicely.
After all, as he himself said earlier today, "Lord knows Tina doesn't ask for much."
That was after I had asked him to see the science fiction movie - for his second time - tonight.
Very nice.
(smile)

No comments: