Tuesday, August 29, 2017

warm bodies and the dragon



He had prefaced our meeting today by saying he had found my "favorite zombie movie" in a batch he'd bought and would be bringing it for me.
"Warm Bodies!?!", I had shouted!
Which other zombie movie could it have been but that one?
I had seen it three times when it came out in 2013.
That, I do believe, was the first movie I had viewed multiple times in a cinema since Michael Keaton's "Batman" was released. I had seen it once a week for the first four weeks, then backed down to ever other week for viewings.
Seriously.
I don't know that I'll be paying good money to see tonight's film that many times. Not that "Birth of The Dragon" wasn't good, mind you. It was excellent and had such beautiful choreography that they seemed to be dancing when they were fighting.
That reminded me of Ang Lee's influence on today's film makers.
No, tonight was about spending time with my dear 'nephew', Kevin.
As I told him, I had been hoping we would be able to view this movie together. I knew that he would appreciate seeing a 24-year-old Bruce Lee finding his mojo, learning what his personal style was.
He truly was the only person I know who would have appreciated this movie the way I did...
if not more so.
He especially enjoyed that it was in Mandarin Chinese, a language he taught himself.
(smile)
Timing... coincidence...
i thank You, God.

No comments: