Saturday, September 2, 2017

come a little bit closer, you could be mine



"In a little rest stop
just the other side of the border
(from Florida),
it was sitting there luring me in
and making my mouth water
(and heart quiver)

So I started walking its way
but it belonged to that lobby there
and I knew, yes I knew I should leave
but I heard it say, yeah,
(yeah)

Come a little bit closer
you're a loser like us
seeking to save the world
come a little bit closer
and sit down beside these strong sexy men."

I do hope Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart don't mind that I've hijacked their lyric frame and melody...
but I can't help myself!
"Come A Little Bit Closer" has always been close to my heart... and so are Quill and Yondu!

And there I was, fresh from
Guardians Day of Marvel Week,
inundated with the sagas
of the Guardians of the Galaxy,
having seen both movies,
back to back,
Thursday afternoon.
Oh, my!

And then I had seen Ryan Reynolds
and Samuel L. Jackson again,
doing their thing, once more,
and even had buffalo sauce
and chicken fingers
and waffle fries
with my free movie.
Oh, my!

And I had even been successful in my quest
to wrest Agnes' unicorn
away from Dave & Buster's,
thanks to the Pirates game
granting me its greatest treasure
of 1000 tickets
for a single spin.
Oh, my!


And then... marvel of marvels, I found yesterday that the Georgia Welcome Center still had the "GOTG:V2" display bench!
Oh, my, my, my!
Everything had fallen in place so nicely, just as I had hoped!
i thank You, God!
When I asked the two women manning the counter at the Welcome Center if I could join their list of folks wanting the bench, I was told that no one else had even asked about it - marvel of marvels!
So, they now have my name and address and phone number and email address...
and I await the call to come and fetch it,
like that will actually happen,
like the hopeful romantic I am.
Oh, my, my, my!
Now... who to ask for transport?
Someone with a truck...
someone who knows my madness for this ragtag bunch...
someone who loves me and will do this as a favor...
Smitty?
Definitely a possibility, since he's my brother.
Kevin?
Well, he most def knows my madness side.
Mike?
Hmmm... he does this sort of work on the side...
and he could learn of my madness...
and he even brought up the possible trip tonight at Sweet Potatoes...
when he chose an empty seat beside me, rather than two other bare chairs...
making the other Boomers look askance at me and each other...
especially when I helped myself to a bit of his pecan pie...
(smile)
I think life may be about to get pretty interesting.
His birthday is later this month...
I'll have to ask him when...
maybe we can go do karaoke again...
'cause he was braggin' on me to Karen and Mary and Karen H...
and that was very nice.
(smile)

i thank You, God.
I appreciate the penny, too, when I was talking to Willie earlier today.
That was all very nice, too.

No comments: