Thursday, July 12, 2018

g-o-o-o-o-o-d morning, las vegas!

What was I doing up at 10:55 this morning?
Polishing off those chicken nachos from last night!
This view is looking northwest, toward The Strip.
Streets and sidewalks looking a bit deserted?
That's because it's hot as blazes out there!
Not that the heat stopped me, of course.
I was out the door just after 1 PM,
in the heat of the day,
making my way to the bus stop.
These fine ladies had a problem with me
taking their photo - guess I should have
given them a dollar or two.
(smile)
As I said, I was trying to make it
to the bus stop, to catch the 202.
I would not be bouncing back and forth
to The Strip during the Elvis Festival -
oh, no, not I.
I didn't want to miss one single minute!
I had done my homework before coming
to Nevada, to get the lay of the land,
so to speak.
The venue for Elvis Week was too far
from Polo Towers to allow me to dance
the night away, post-show...
and that would not do.
No, not missing even half a dance step!
This was my big birthday60 celebration
and vacation and I was going to do it
up righteously!
Since the Elvis Tribute Artists were staying
for those four days at Sam's Town Hotel &
Gambling Hall, then I would be there, too!
The bus ride was about thirty minutes, then another
hour was needed to get me checked in.
I'm so glad I was so early!
That gave me time to explore, to find my way around
and see the sights!
Isn't this inner garden area quite lovely?
I especially like the Mystic Falls (right bottom),
and look forward to its light show!
But first, how about a little light show
in Roxy's Lounge, to whet the appetite
for the evening's big show?
Oh, yes, please!
Especially if my dear Di Light was going to
be up there in his tight jeans, talkin' 'bout
"Way Down"...
oh, yes, please!
Appetite stirred up and ready for action,
the Firelight Buffet beckoned...
and rewarded me with bread pudding!!!
How did they know I loved it so???
I also had sushi and collards, pork tamale
and cornbread, chicken pozole and
pork gyoza, and so much more!
After looking at the Mystic Falls and checking its show times, i boarded the elevator...
and there he was, one of my favorites, Ryan Pelton...
Wow...
going back to his room because he forgot something needed for the show tonight...
Wow...
and when the two old ladies got off, I asked if I could take a photo with him...
Wow...
and he said yes!!!
Wow!
I'm pretty sure that's one of my favorite birthday gifts this year.
(smile)
Right place, right time.
i thank You, God.

No comments: