Tuesday, March 6, 2018

giving red for a green day!



St. Patrick's Day is nearly here... and we know what a big deal that is!
It's also Red Cross Month, y'all!
Time to roll up that sleeve and spend a few minutes to save a life.
Today, I started on my thirteenth gallon.
Go ahead, I'll wait while you calculate the number of pints.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Done?
That would be twelve gallons multiplied by eight pints per gallon...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Ninety-six pints is the correct answer.
Ninety-six times I've journeyed to the American Red Cross center - or a bloodmobile or a blood drive at the school.
Ninety-six times I've rolled up my sleeve and donated whole blood.
Today, I gave blood for the ninety-seventh time.
The actual fluid donation took maybe ten minutes.
Answering the questions and having my vitals taken was about twenty minutes.
If I had completed the Rapid Pass online, I could have shaved that time down a bit.
Maybe I'll remember to do that next time... but probably not.
(smile)
The point is this: you can save three lives with less than an hour of your time.
What better time to give than right now?

1 comment:

faustina said...

Kudos to Boone Blackmon!
He's the husband of my niece, Emily.
Yesterday, he completed his SECOND GALLON and received his award pin from the American Red Cross.
I continue to be so proud of him!