Saturday, March 31, 2018

word up, Disney and ABC


Welcome to a new episode of "texting with the ex"!
As a foreword, please be aware that for the 16 years he and I were together, watching this particular movie on the night before Easter was written in stone.
(Get it? For the inside joke, watch the movie!)
Why did we do so?
He and his mom had always watched it when he was growing up.
Easter would not quite be right without it, much like Christmas would not quite be complete for me without "It's A Wonderful Life".
Now, on with our current show - enjoy!

***** ***** *****

me: "Watching 'Ten Commandments'? I am! Forgot about it until Willie called."

him: "No, I don't have a television! Hell, I'm missing it. Crap."

me: "Oh, I thought you had gotten a tv several months ago. Hmm. I guess i got that wrong."

him: "Well, I do have a TV, but I don't have cable. I only watch netflix and YouTube on it, Something on regular TV, I can't see."

me: "My guess is netflix has it right now. They would be foolish not to."

him: "They may, but it's like liverwurst. I eat it if it's at a party, and then I'm OK until next year."

me: "LOL! Great imagery! :-) "

him: "I checked. Netflix does not have 'The Ten Commandments'. I'm sure ABC locked that thing up for years."

me: "Rather unChristian of them, eh?"

him: "ABC is owned by Disney which is coming close to owning everything else too. They don't make money by letting their properties age into public domain."

me: "Giving up one movie will not damage their purse but will reflect well on them with the Christina, Jewish, and Muslim communities. They should consider it..."

him: "That would be an interesting pitch to them."

***** ***** *****

The end!
I do hope this episode of "texting with the ex" has been enjoyable!
Be sure to stay tuned in for next time - our conversations have been known to wander off track.
(smile)

No comments: