Thursday, March 1, 2018

plethora of plays!


Starting with this Thursday night,
I will be on the go, go, GO!!!
Fortunately, most of it will be
free for me...
i thank You, God!
"The Spitfire Grill", seen this first day of March, was performed by the Armstrong Masquers...
free for me, with my Pirate card!
The story of a young woman released from prison
after five years resonated with me.
She was starting her life anew,
in a town she'd only seen in a photo torn
from a prison library book.
I do hope my youngest brother will consider doing
the same
, this summer when he is released.
Making a fresh start is certainly difficult...
but I've done it several times since my divorce.
He's done it before, too, in Baton Rouge.
That was after Mama's death.
He took his last cut from her estate to go
to Louisiana because several folks
had told him of it in the county jail.
He got sober, was there almost two years...
then returned here, slid back, went to prison.
It's been eleven years, almost.
I wish he had been with me for this tale.
However, he can only get passes
for weekend nights.
He is to be with me this Sunday,
so maybe I'll come to see this again,
in his company.
Maybe we'll even be able to enjoy
this musical from the vantage point
of these special seats, in memory of
Mama and in honor of this troupe.

No comments: