Wednesday, March 28, 2018

'cole blocked


I'm rather tired of Nicole.

"Nicole who? What has she done?"

Actually, I'm referring to both of them, not just the one. And I can maybe understand why the one was an attraction, as he used to live on Nicoll Street downtown.

"Okay, you must be talking about the physicist, because that's where he lived, right? Before he ran off to Fred-town last spring?"

Yes, that's where the bfe's apartment was. Now he's living out in almost-Pooler Berwick and dating Nicole the chemist. I hardly ever see him anymore, but that's hardly new. The only reason I saw so much of him last summer is because he was living under my roof. Even then, the weekends were taken up with his previous girlfriend, so...

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that friendship seems to have wandered off path."

It really has. He doesn't even bother to respond to the rare text messages I send to him.
Oh, wait, I take that back. He did text back yesterday when I told him I would not be going to Jacksonville with him in two weeks.

"I had thought you were looking forward to David Bowie's music being expressed by a symphony..."

I was, I really was. I just do not want another awkward encounter with him, especially one that lasts for more than twenty-four hours. What needs to happen is for us to sit down and discuss what happened at Erica's Christmas party and what he was hoping to accomplish then. I'm not naive enough to believe I am his 'type' at all... so why was he making moves?

"Um... you need to ask him about that, not me..."

Exactly.

"Yes. Okay, let's backtrack off this sticky subject, if you don't mind. You had mentioned that there were two Nicoles?"

What? Oh, right. Yes, you are correct: there are two of them. There's Nicole the chemist, coupled with the bfe. Then there's Nicole the cartoonist, coupled with the psychologist.

"Oh, no! Kevin is also seeing a Nicole?"

Yes.

"So, no more Tuesdays with him?"

No.

"Harsh. Cock blocked by two Nicoles. Go figure the odds of that."

I'd rather not, thanks. Perhaps I could ask Barbara to do so...

"Ah, there's that glimmer of humor! I had hoped that was still there!"

Oh, it is. Just promise me no more of the "N" name in my life... well, at least not as a first name.

"I wish I could make such a promise..."

Well, just do your best, eh?
(smile)

"You know I will..."

That's all I ask.
Thanks.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lecture to give.

"Okay, dear, have fun!"

I will.
Life is too short to do otherwise.
(smile)

No comments: