Wednesday, March 14, 2018

last day of week 8


This was taken last Thursday,
as the cats began their
eighth week of temporary lodging
in my Ocean Room.
"Two months, tops" had been
the time given when their owner
dropped them off.
By the end of week three,
I'd had enough of solo catsitting.
I gave Ed two weeks' notice to get them out of my house.
On the designated day, he brought a counter-offer: He would pay me instead of paying the vet.
As it turned out, that was a very good deal, as it allowed me to help Hope and her family.

Today ended the third week since that
financial agreement.
Annie is doing well, of course.
I've even been petting her a little
when I feed and water the threesome
in the mornings.

Champ has become quite the recluse.
I think of him as the "scaredy cat".
Most of the time, he'll be at the door
when I first enter, but then he retreats
under the large L-shaped table.
Sometimes he'll come back out,
if he's really hungry.

And Elton?
He's still like Barney of
"How I Met Your Mother" -
loud and proud and absolutely
OUT there.
That's Ed, scooping the litter
while getting his hair licked.
I guess every family has its quirks.
(smile)

No comments: