Thursday, September 6, 2018

dishing it out, y'all

Almost two months ago, I was first over at Tony & Laura's house to await the satellite guy.
In fact, that was the day before I left for Las Vegas and Elvis.
On that first occasion, the guy had had come, he'd seen, and he'd pronounced that a dish could not be placed - and then he'd left.
I had been there four hours waiting; he was there about twenty minutes.
Ugh.
Today, I had been assured my time would not go for naught.

It most assuredly had not, either!
Joe Day, of Brunswick, had shown up
shortly after the designated time of 1 PM.
Bravo!
He'd then surveyed several areas of the front yard, seeking a clear line of sight to the satellite beam...
and he'd found one, too!
"X" marks the spot for the dig!
I should have known this was the right man
for the job - he was former Navy,
just like me!
If anyone could get the DISH lined up
with the stars, he'd be the one -
and he was, and he did!
Two and a half hours later, Joe was done,
demonstrating to me how to work their remote -
I left notes for Tony and Laura, naturally.
Now, they had internet service and television
in time for football season -
hallelujah!
(smile)

No comments: