Wednesday, September 26, 2018

four nights in a row!


Sunday afternoon, I was at the Lucas, ushering for the Musical Matinee of "Cabaret"!
I do so enjoy that movie version of the play!
I had also very much enjoyed the play, too, when Savannah Stage Company presented that in their new digs, back in July.
That's when I had worn the outfit above, one of my favorites from my dancing days - and dancing nights! - in Las Vegas.
I'm so glad I bought that beautiful salmon skort before the trip!
I'm so glad I wore it for the opening night festivities for "Cabaret", too, and that this photo was snapped. I had treated Carolyn to the play for her birthday, knowing she would love all the dancing and songs - and she did! But her favorite part was seeing all that bare-chested man candy in the cast - ooh la la! Plus, meeting everyone afterward at the opening night reception and having the adult-themed cotton candy was pretty nice, too!
Anywho, where was I?
Oh, yes, talking about being at the Lucas for the musical movie...
and that was the real point I was trying to make.
I was at the Lucas.
Denise and I struck up a conversation about learning and math. Specifically, we were talking about her middle-school-aged daughter and Ben Tucker. Even more specifically, I had brought to her attention that the jazz bassist had been the one to create the math tunes for "Schoolhouse Rock", to help a friend's son learn the subject.
Cool, right?

Then, on Monday and Tuesday, I was back at the Lucas for two Savannah Jazz Festival events. Anticipating the possibility of dancing, I had worn my favorite summer wear, that lovely skort.
Denise had stopped me short when she saw me sashay by on Monday.
"Where are you going with your legs hanging out?"
And the words her mother had said to her brought back similar words Mama once spoke to me, as I wore my favorite mini-skirt under my high school graduation gown.
(smile)

Tonight, I'll be back at the Lucas for the fourth night in a row - amazing!
Like the three nights before, this evening's entertainment is also free for me - amazing!
That's because I'm a working girl, ushering for "Puzzle", part of the Arthouse Cinema.
I'm looking forward to it primarily because of Irrfan Khan.
He's the one who spoke one of my movie quotes, from "The Lunchbox".
Yep, he's definitely a favorite...
and I need to don my usher attire and get going!
Later, y'all!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Hell's belles.
Irrfan Khan has died.
No, it wasn't COVID that killed him.
It was the other C word: cancer.
Damn.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52468343

Perhaps the Royal will bring one of his films to honor his death.