Sunday, September 16, 2018

chasing rabbits, missing a cat

Like the commercials said, "Silly rabbit!"

"That train robbery cereal commercial?"

No, that was a two-parter, at least. At any rate, it wasn't the cereal in particular that I was talkin' 'bout. The rabbit was the thing.

"You mean the bunny ears was the thing, right?"

Nope! I'm talking rabbits, hippety-hopping all over the ether world. Sometimes they lead me to complete a task, but usually they just gobble up my time. Voracious little beasts.

"O...kay. So what happened that you're on this topic?"

Well, I had meant to attend "The Cat In The Hat" today. The SCT is putting it on, with just morning and matinee performances. My friend Danielle is in it and she had said her husband - one-time League of Savannah Bloggers guy, Thomas - might be there, too. Hooray! I would know someone there!

"How very fortunate! Why weren't you there? Let me guess: rabbits."

More specifically, rabbit holes. I was up until four AM, again, popping in and out of them. That is such a bad habit! Then Tony had come by this morning to cut my front and back yards for me. He'd waited until after 9, as he knew I'd be up watching "CBS Sunday Morning." HA!!! The joke was on him. I still managed to sleep until he was outside my bedroom windows, then I got up. I had some mail for him, after all.

"Well, good! Your yard really was looking a bit scruffy again."

Yes. Anywho, he was here until about 10:30. I thanked him, gave him that HUSKY socket set and ARC insulated lunch tote that have been languishing in the pantry, and returned to bed.

"Oh, wow! You mean that red bag you had received for donating blood? That was four years ago!"

That very one. Four years ago? I don't doubt it. That may be about the same time I got that socket set as a bonus when I bought my lawnmower. Oh, wait, that was back in probably the spring of 2012. I don't recall exactly. I just know I already had a socket set and was holding on to that other. I may have opened the case a few times, just to look at the tools.

"None of that is about rabbits. You promised me rabbits."

I most assuredly did not. I promised rabbit holes, h-o-l-e-s.

"Well, tools aren't rabbit holes, either."

True. Okay, where was I on this ramble?

"Your youngest brother had mowed your yards..."

Oh, yes... and I had returned to bed. I had even set an alarm for noonish, still with an eye to going to this 3 PM matinee. I awoke about 12:45, as good luck would have it. My alarm had mistakenly been set on "AM", not "PM". Hahahaha!

"Still in plenty of time for the play!"

That's what I had thought, too! So, after brunch - pork loin and corn in salsa verde, atop fresh spinach - I went on facebook. The time was 2:20 PM.

"Oh, no, girlfriend!"

Oh, yes. Last night, I had sent this post to one person and this post to another. I wanted to make sure I had not offended in any way, right? Next thing I knew, I was hitting the rabbit holes, and some of them were pretty deep...

"... and cold, too! Hahahaha!"

What?!

"You know, like in the joke about the two guys and the bridge!"

Well, in that case, your adjectives are in the wrong order. As they're taking a piss, the one guy says, "The water sure is cold tonight," and the other replies, "And deep, too!" see the difference it makes?

"Fine. Got it. So how did you miss the musical?"

Actually, I still managed to get to the Savannah Children's Theatre in time, wonder of wonders! But it made no difference. The play was sold out, as it has been for all three performances this weekend. That means I'm going to miss it, as next Saturday will be Bev's visitation and service. Next Sunday, I'll be at "Chicago" for the Lucas.

"Oh, well, dear. You can't have it all... where would you put it?"

Indeed. (smile)
Well, I've been here, in this rabbit hole, far too long - almost ninety minutes!
Time to return to the WGN "Married With Children" marathon!
I have so missed that whack-a-doodle family!

"Bundy's! Bundy's! Bundy's!"

Exactly! Yesterday, I watched five episodes and noticed the proliferation of "b" words in their shows! Beautiful!

"So it was Bundy family bowling, right? And the one with Steve's beard and Bud's homeless babe, too?"

Exactly! Hey, were you peeking over my shoulder? LOL! I also got the episodes with the mall Santa's bag of goodies and Marcy's missing blonde Barbie! Hey, how about that! I just had two sets of alliteration there without even trying!

"Hahahaha! Good work!"

Now, let me go watch some more. This one is about Peg's discontinued bra - I know that anguish! (smile) That will be followed by Al and Steve's search for a baldness cure for their receding hairlines. Marcy is the focus next, having bad luck, a business trip, and trouble with her boss - all in one episode!

"Alright, dear, you go and enjoy! Me, I'm looking forward to seeing Burt Reynolds in Jim's special Sunday screening at the 'Bean. (See, I can alliterate, too!) He won't say what movie, but my money is on "Mystery, Alaska", based. Here were the clues: American romantic comedy, not filmed in the USA, with Burt in an uncharacteristic role. I'll say! He plays a judge in that 1999 outing, filmed in Canada, about an American hockey team. Sure hope I'm right again!"

Oh, that would be cool! I don't recall ever seeing it.
You know, Burt Reynolds was the same age as Bev when he died, just eight days before her.
They were the same age that Daddy would have been, too.
Both of them are still a year younger than Elvis would have been this year...
and almost two years older than Mama would have been in December.
I'm thinking that sounds like a pretty good social club in the afterlife.
Okay, enough of math - back to the Bundys!
i thank You, God, for my many blessings!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

For the record, I was incorrect on my movie guess.
It turned out to be 1980's "Rough Cut", which was a delightful look at a 44-year-old Burt Reynolds.
:-)